Emergency, Medical and Legal Services
If you are an American citizen with an after hours emergency, please call our hotline at: 977-1-400-7266 and 977-1-400-7269.
For an emergency involving an American citizen's death, arrest, serious illness or injury, or anything that threatens the life or safety of a U.S. citizen in Nepal, during normal business hours, call 423-4000, tell the operator that you have an emergency and ask to be transferred to the American Citizen Services Unit. If you are an American citizen with an afterhours emergency, please call our hotline at: 977-01-400-7266 and 977-01-400-7269.
- Medical emergencies and how to find a doctor
- Legal assistance
- Help in finding a missing U.S. citizen friend or relative
- Assistance for victims of crime
- Death of a loved one
Emergency Preparedness & Earthquake Manual
- U.S. Embassy's Emergency Preparedness/Earthquake Manual (PDF 457KB)
- Emergency Preparedness/Earthquake Manual- Nepali Version (PDF 340KB)
- Red Cross Earthquake/Emergency Resources
- Red Cross Earthquake Safety Checklist (PDF 229KB)
- The Red Cross "Be Red Cross Ready" Manual
The Embassy Holiday Schedule
Embassy Hours and Contact
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.