Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Name change in your passport

Please note that, as of 2005, U.S. passports may no longer amend information that appears on the data page of your passport. If you have changed your name, you will have to apply for a new passport under your new name.

If your passport was issued more than 12 months ago, you should follow the instructions for routine passport renewal. You must make an appointment.

If your passport was issued fewer than 12 months ago, please bring to the Embassy's Consular Section during normal American Citizen Services hours (Monday through Friday, 1:30-4:00):

  • Completed but unsigned passport application form DS-5504
  • Your current U.S. passport;
  • Original marriage certificate or court order showing the change of name
  • Two identical passport photographs: The Embassy will reject any photographs that do not meet the specified requirements.
  • Fee: There is no fee for this service.