Immigrant and Diversity Visa inquiries.
- For inquiries related to NVC please use this online form.
- For questions regarding Immigrant and Diversity Visa cases, applicants may email email@example.com.
- Applicants may also make inquiries and schedule appointments by calling the customer service center, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm, at 1 800 091 0114.
- Callers in the United States may also dial (703) 988-3428.
All Immigrant and Diversity Visa applicants must create a profile at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/np. This will enable applicants to further process their case for inquiries, document submission, and visa collection.
Be prepared for your Immigrant Visa interview:
When you are scheduled for an Immigrant Visa appointment by the National Visa Center, please check the checklist for documents required to prepare for your interview and medical instructions.
DS-260 form for all Immigrant Visa applicants:
Please make sure that all the information on your DS-260 is accurate and updated before your interview at the U.S. Embassy. If you need to update any information, such as a change in marital status, addresses, birth of a new child, new passport information or if you find any errors on your DS-260 before your interview, please contact the Embassy at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your DS-260 be unlocked. You should then be able to make the necessary changes prior to the interview.
For All Refused or Pending Immigrant Visa Cases
If we determine that your visa application lacks required documentation or information or if your application requires additional administrative processing then your case will be refused under Section 221(g). At that time, you will be given a sheet that will indicate the basis for your refusal. If applicable, it will tell you what actions you must take to overcome the refusal.
• If your application requires additional administrative processing, then please wait until the U.S. Embassy contacts you with further instructions.
• If you are required to provide additional documents, submit them to whichever of the six Nepal Investment Bank Limited branches that you selected when creating your profile. Do not submit documents to the Embassy.
• If you are requested to personally return to the U.S. Embassy with additional documents or information, the Embassy will schedule an appointment for you.
Visa issuance and validity:
The visas are affixed inside each passport and the applicant is given a sealed envelope which should be hand carried, UNOPENED, to the United States and submitted to the immigration inspector at the U.S. port-of-entry.
Immigrant and Diversity Visa validity is always limited by the medical validity expiration date.
All Immigrant and Diversity Visa applicants must create a profile at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/np and select a pick-up location from one of the six different Nepal Investment Bank Limited locations across Nepal. If your application is approved you will collect your passport and visa from the location you chose. K-Visa fiancé (e) and Returning Resident Visa applicants will continue to pick up their passport and visa from the Embassy.
The Embassy Holiday Schedule
अन्तर्वार्ताको तयारी – आवश्यक कागजपत्रहरू (PDF 356.29KB)
The Embassy Holiday Schedule
Join our online Communities
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.