Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Immediate Relatives

Listed below are the relatives of a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident who may be eligible to qualify for immigration in the immediate relatives category; orphans are also included. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, in-laws and cousins may not sponsor a relative for immigration. 

Spouse or Minor Child of a U.S. Citizen (including a new spouse and his/her child(ren) on K-3 and K-4 Visas)

An immigrant visa may only be processed for a child if he/she has no claim to U.S. citizenship.

Fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen and their children (K-1 & K-2 Visas)

Parent of a U.S. Citizen

U.S. citizen must be 21 or over

Step-parent or child of a U.S. Citizen

Step-parent, step-child relationship must occur before the child’s 18th birthday

Spouse of a deceased U.S. citizen


Petition must be filed within 2 years of the death of the U.S. citizen

Adobe Reader

  • Download Free
    Download Free

    All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format.  To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.  You may download a free version by clicking the link above.